Logistics Operator - (IOD/POD)
- Plano, TX, USA
Woongjin, Inc. is looking for an IOD/POD Logistics Operator for a global Fortune 100 client in the electronics industry.
Woongjin is a rapidly growing team who provides a range of unique, exceptional, and enhanced services to our clients. We have a strong moral code that includes the service of goodness without expectations of reward. We are motivated by a sense of responsibility and servant leadership.
This position ensures the smooth transportation of routine products through the transportation channel by managing individual shipments in transit, selecting standard shipping/warehousing methods, collecting and processing delivery and documentation items, and personal contact with logistics colleagues, business partners, internal partners, and customers.
- Track and resolve shipping, warehouse, and carrier shipping errors, as well as assist with damaged product claims by providing necessary documents
- Proven experience communicating with external clients to replay difficult messaging around delayed shipments
- Prepare daily and weekly reports and execute KPI calls with 3PLs
- Prepare daily and weekly reporting to track on-time delivery performance by the carrier
- Work with 3PLs to provide corrective actions to improve on-time delivery performance
- Prepare and update Standard Operating Procedures for documenting department activities
- Analyze large datasets and organize historical data to communicate trends and focus on improvement
- Work extended hours on last day of the month and when necessary during peak shipping seasons
- Work with 3PLs to gather PODs in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Planning teams and Logistics colleagues both inside and outside the company in order to assure the most efficient delivery of products to customers, as well as 3PLs and vendors
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or equivalent degree or experience
- Ability to read, prepare, interpret, and understand product shipment information from various order and shipping documents to ensure accuracy and thorough preparation of transportation documents
- Experience with Excel functions (VLookup, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- General knowledge of logistics operations related to employee’s specific area of work, and some knowledge of overall logistics operations
- Experience with SAP and JDA software platforms a plus
- Ability to identify standard problems within the delivery cycle and makes recommendations to change either delivery methods or dates, and authorize standard returns and claims to ensure customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills for planning costs per unit, travel costs, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.