Senior Data Scientist
- Zwaanstraat, 5651 Eindhoven, Netherlands
You’re thinking about moving abroad to take your career to the next level? WAES has several awesome opportunities to work at top notch tech companies in the Netherlands. The only thing you have to do is pack your bags, we take care of everything else.
WAES is a new school Software consultancy company in the Netherlands, specialized in large-scale cloud development. Our mission is to build a strong team of Senior Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Software Developers from all over the world who can solve our clients' toughest challenges. Our clients are the absolute A players in the Dutch tech environment, mainly operating in High-Tech, Fintech, Healthcare and E-Commerce.
We love to push technology further to change people's lives for the better. Let’s shape our future.
WAES is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team of software and data engineers in the Netherlands.
As a hands-on Senior Data Scientist within WAES' Data Science and Data Engineering Community, you design models and develop algorithms to create groundbreaking new products and solve fundamental high-impact problems of strategic importance. In close collaboration with our customer’s engineering teams and domain experts, you create value from data and transform companies to becoming data-driven organizations.
As a Senior Data Scientist at WAES you:
- Work on long-term projects at highly dynamic and fast-paced organizations in the Netherlands;
- Create digital products out of data that would have never been invented without you;
- Provide insights that allow multinational organizations to make data-driven strategic decisions;
- Have the opportunity to work at different organizations to solve different sorts of challenges;
- Continuously develop both yourself, the people around you and the data insight for the better;
The ideal candidate has:
- Practical MSc or Ph.D. with excellent results in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics or similar;
- Deep understanding of neural networking, deep learning, data mining, artificial intelligence, and statistical model programming;
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on Python experience in the commercial project;
- Solid experience with open source big data technologies and platforms (i.e. Hadoop & Spark, MLFlow, Tensorflow). Working with graph databases and tools is an additional advantage;
- Excellent understanding of machine learning applications & algorithms, both supervised and unsupervised. Knowledge of Isolation Forest and/or NLP techniques is an additional advantage;
- Solid hands-on experience in cloud-related projects using AWS, Google GCP, and/or Azure;
- Native working in agile development environments, working cross-team and cross-project;
- Strong communicator, passionate about the field and your project, able to bring concepts and result clearly across to multiple stakeholders;
The benefits from working at WAES:
- You get a % of the profit, on top of your salary.
- You receive an annual budget to attend conferences and further develop your skills.
- Our relocation team assists you in all ways possible when moving to the Netherlands.
- We sponsor your relocation to the Netherlands.
- You get to work on challenging projects for top-notch tech companies in the Netherlands.
- We encourage you to speak at in- and external Tech Talks.
- Our unique Learning & Development program helps you advance in your career.
- You’ll be part of our warm community of expats.
- You get to attend the awesome WAES events.
- We get together regularly for parties, BBQs, FIFA tournaments, hackathons, lunches, etc.
At WAES, you are welcome for who you are. No matter where you’re from and what you look like. Our community is for everyone. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond and want to thank you for considering WAES to be your future employer.
Employment agencies should not respond to this vacancy.