Senior Java Software Engineer
- Zwaanstraat, 5651 Eindhoven, Netherlands
As a Senior Java Software Engineer at WAES, you are building and optimizing cool components of backend solutions for multinational organizations in the Netherlands. Whether it is transforming monolithic software to a scalable microservices environment or building new functionalities. Working on-site (when possible), you build solutions of strategic importance.
As the WAES Senior Java Software Engineer you:
- Work on long-term projects at highly dynamic and fast-paced WAES clients in the Netherlands;
- Become part of an engineering team, always at the heart of the company’s IT departments;
- Create microservices that run within ecosystems on AWS, GCP, and/or Azure cloud;
- Deliver new features and functionalities of big importance to the company’s core business;
- Have ownership of your own development to become the best you can be.
The ideal candidate has:
- 5 years hands-on professional experience writing clean and maintainable code in Java 8+;
- Experience with the Spring ecosystem;
- Experience with Microservices, REST services;
- Worked on SQL or NoSQL databases;
- Experience writing and performing unit-tests and integration tests;
- Preferable experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) , and/or Microsoft Azure;
- Experience working in cross-functional teams according to Agile methodologies;
- Advanced level of English (spoken and written).
WAES is a Dutch Software consultancy company, specialized in large-scale cloud development. Our mission is to build a strong team of Senior Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Developers and QA Automation Specialists from all over the world who can solve our clients' toughest challenges. With 60+ talented consultants, we are helping our clients with high-quality tech solutions in healthcare, logistics, fin-tech, high tech, and several other domains.
WAES is a growing company, and we are striving to become the most well-known tech house in the Netherlands. As continuous learning and new technology is a part of our everyday life, you will work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.