Lead DevOps Engineer
- Zwaanstraat, 5651 CA Eindhoven, Netherlands
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at WAES, you will be responsible to help our client's infrastructure teams with the design, development and delivery of their infrastructure which is used by their departments of software developers.
As the WAES' Lead DevOps engineer you will be part of an Agile team, where you get to design, develop, deliver and automate services. You will interact with domain architects on guidelines and approach, and with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge on infrastructure.
As you are empowered to make autonomous decision with your team on clients' site, and challenge product owners to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
WAES' consultants are customer focused, representable and accustomed to context switching environments. You have a can-do mentality, result-oriented and have the desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
The ideal candidate has:
- You have 7+ years of work experience as a Linux engineer.
- You have thorough experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably lead positions.
- Minimally a Bachelor in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- You have an automation/config management mindset.
- You have experience with puppet
- You are familiar with other automation tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins and Packer.
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (switches, firewalls, load balancing), DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, database and storage solutions.
- You have knowledge on container concepts and deployments (Rancher / Kubernetes is a pre)
- You have knowledge on cloud deployments (Azure / GCP is a pre)
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
WAES is a Dutch Software consultancy company, specialized in large-scale cloud development. Our mission is to build a strong team of Senior Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Developers and QA Automation Specialists from all over the world who can solve our clients' toughest challenges. With 60+ talented consultants, we are helping our clients with high-quality tech solutions in healthcare, logistics, fin-tech, high tech, and several other domains.
WAES is a growing company, and we are striving to become the most well-known tech house in the Netherlands. As continuous learning and new technology is a part of our everyday life, you will work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.