Lead Data Engineer
- Zwaanstraat, 5651 Eindhoven, Netherlands
You are the inspiring hands-on manager, experienced in leading the team and leading the way. You translate business demands into solution designs and architectural models. You align with business stakeholders to ensure the solution you propose for dependencies and overlaps are understood, accepted, and translated in the solution design. During the development of the solution you lead the Data Engineering team to ensure the architectural model is followed. Should a deviation be inevitable, you ensure the business understands and accepts the functional implications.
As the WAES Lead Data Engineer you:
- work on long-term projects with highly dynamic and fast-paced WAES clients in the Netherlands
- design best-practice and future-proof data engineering architecture models
- secure business buy-in and support by providing understandable insights and action points
- foster a result-oriented and collaborative approach among the Data Engineers
- continuously develop yourself to be the best version you can be
The ideal candidate has:
- Solid SQL and OLAP/BI querying patterns experience with ability to create solutions of a team
- 5+ years of experience designing and building solutions for storing large quantities of raw data
- experience in designing and building both batch and streaming architectures based on SPARK
- experience with columnar storage formats, and backends (Kudu, Parquet, ORC)
- proven conceptual-thinking abilities to successfully device solutions from high-level strategies
- excellent communication and influencing skills, proven ability to drive concepts to final products with buy-in from functional and technical stakeholders
- advanced level of English (spoken and written)
WAES is a Dutch Software consultancy company, specialized in large-scale cloud development. Our mission is to build a strong team of Senior Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Software Developers and QA Automation Specialists from all over the world who can solve our clients' toughest challenges. With 60+ talented consultants, we are helping our clients with high-quality tech solutions in healthcare, logistics, fin-tech, high tech, and several other domains.
WAES is a growing company, and we are striving to become the most well-known tech house in the Netherlands. As continuous learning and new technology is a part of our everyday life, you will work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.