- Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, ng
WACOT Limited is a part of TGI Group, and we are well diversified into Agro-Allied, manufacturing and trading operations. Our team is committed to developing highly rewarding careers while contributing to our communities.
Our Finance function, in line with current realities, is increasing efficiencies, improving accuracy, and decreasing risk, and ultimately focusing on bigger picture tasks that drive strategic opportunities.
If you are highly efficient and organized, and have passion for control and accuracy, you could be our next Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will take charge of:
- Supervising the daily accounting activities required to accurately maintain the company’s general ledger and other financial records and schedules.
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, bank and inventory reconciliation.
- Supervising, directing and reviewing the work of team members. Establishing working procedures and process for accounting personnel.
- Managing monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Coordinating with outside locations.
- Generating quarterly and annual financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow) monthly.
- Cost accounting including BOM analysis, management and variance analysis.
- Assisting with budget and forecast preparation schedule provide relevant analyses and feedback to enable finalization of the budget and forecast proposals and all related reports including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Evaluating & implementing internal and external audit recommendations & provides feedback to management on results.
Qualification and Experience
- Chartered Accountant with at least 5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s in Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline with a minimum of second class upper
- Hands on experience using ERP preferably SAP, Advanced Excel user
- Previous experience in a Multinational Manufacturing Organisation and/or a Big 4 Accounting firm is desired
Skills and Competencies to create the difference:
- Data Analysis
- Effective Communication:
- Relationship building
- Creativity and initiative
- Business acumen
- Tech savvy
- Supervision and management