Country Manager UK (H/F)
- Aix en Provence, Aix en Provence, France
- Contract type: Permanent - CDI
- Department: International development
Voyage Privé was born from an entrepreneurial project in France back in 2004, and today it’s the European leader in online travel flash sales.
We're dedicated to helping our 56 million members experience the joy of travelling to high-end hotels at the very best prices. We operate in nine different markets, and we’re always looking to expand further!
Our ambitious and enthusiastic employees work to very high standards. Everyone in the company has a role to play both in their team and at group level.
Joining the Voyage Privé Group also means becoming part of a collective project, and playing an active role in the development of our region. We believe it’s possible to have a positive impact, implement real change and escape social and economic determinism. Our Campus brings together employees, high-level athletes and educators. Everyone can learn from each other, develop into the best they can be, and make an important contribution.
In 2021, we’re making our commitment to these projects concrete, by becoming an ‘Entreprise à Mission.’ Our goal? Make things possible, together.
As country manager for VPUK, you’ll be acting as an entrepreneur. Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer, you will be responsible for developing Voyage Privé UK: defining strategy, managing performance and leading the team.
Based in Aix-en-Provence (south of France, 30 min from Marseille), in our brand new offices (Campus Voyage privé), you will be working closely with our global experts (Global Marketing, Supply, Tech, Ops, Legal team) You’ll have full responsibility of your P&L.
Missions and responsibilities:
1 Defining strategy and business development
- Build the country strategy, with focus on sustainable growth and P&L management
- Identify key features to adapt to local market
- Develop a customer acquisition strategy with Global Marketing team and guide marketing investments
- Source, choose and drive sustainable relationships with local stakeholders
- Work with experts’ team to define best products to meet the customer needs
- Share customer insights to the global teams
- Develop the brand in the local ecosystem
2 Managing operationally (growth):
- Manage overall performance of VPUK
- Manage budget and P&L taking care of efficiency, profitability, scalability
- Measure performance and return on investment
- Be a close partner to Global Marketing team to maximize our audience
- Be a close partner to Supply team to optimize our offer
- Ensure complete compliance with local regulations
- Be expert of your market, understand the needs
- Monitor competition and identify means to counter it
3 Managing team and leadership:
- Recruit, develop and train the team
- Inspire your team to successfully execute the strategy
- Lead yearly performance reviews
- Organize information sharing and lead collaboration with other functions
- Coordinate activites with other Country Managers
- Must have relevant experience (4-7 years) in e-commerce with good understanding of digital marketing and overall ecommerce dynamics
- Fluent in in English – French is a plus, but not mandatory
- Proactivity, efficiency and entrepreneurial mindset, get things done attitude
- Strategic vision with ability to translate commercial opportunities to a precise plan
- Ability to zoom out (strategic vision) and to zoom in (detailed-oriented)
- Strong ability to federate
- Analytical competencies to be able to easily read/explain business figures
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, able to buy-in and support ideas in the organization
- Ability to evolve in a fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge of travel industry would be a plus
What we offer
- Our headquarters, the Campus, a unique place in Europe that brings together employees, high-level athletes and instructors
- Our cafeteria serving healthy local produce
- Our environment with its 4-hectare park. If you don’t like running, you can always join a paddle-tennis match, take part in a sports class, work out at the gym
- Our music studio for composing and playing with your colleagues
- A great many opportunities to party!