Global Buyer (contracting) - USA & Canada
- 26 Hatton Garden, Holborn, London EC1N 8PB, UK, London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract type: Permanent position
- Department: Purchasing
Founded in 2006 by travel and e-tourism professionals, Voyage Privé is the leading private flash sales travel agency.
Our company is recognised for the quality of its offers, as well as for the quality of its relationships both externally with customers and internally within its teams. We are a team of experts, always ambitious and demanding, driven by creativity and innovation!
Voyage Privé achieved a total turnover of more than 600 million euros in 2018, with positive growth every year since its inception.
More than 400 enthusiastic travel-lovers already work for the company, and with their talents and motivation, more than 42 million members have been convinced to entrust us with booking their holidays!
How about you? Will you be the next one to join the adventure?
To source & contract exclusive promotional products each week from different suppliers across the USA & Canada, taking every step to ensure each one meets the desired level of revenue, and to manage & expand the company’s portfolio of products.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Offer Sourcing, Negotiation & Live Product Management
You will devise and implement a product strategy to deliver the correct type of exclusive, market leading deals for all Voyage Privé markets
Building awareness of Voyage Prive’s unique proposition with a high number of partners will be key to your success. You will conduct your negotiations through a combination of phone, email, face to face meetings and attending international events. Strong negotiations and ability to manage objections and expectations across a variety of mediums will be a must
Develop and maintain a portfolio of key partners to guarantee the agreed number of weekly exclusive offers for all VP markets
Work closely with the transportation team to identify and exploit any joint opportunities to combine promotions.
Work with and manage the relevant Buyer Assistant as they help supply all the key elements for each offer. Strong attention to detail is a must!
You must work to tight deadlines, as each newsletter must go out on time and we work week to week!
- Market Management & Analysis
Our commitment to our members is to deliver the best deals and promotions in the market. Your market knowledge and ability to analyse the competitive nature of any promotion is essential for each and every flash sale.
You will compare prices with the same products across key competitor websites, but also an intelligent analysis of comparable products within the same destination.
To maximise your results, it is key you keep a close eye on your online products both before and during the promotion so working closely with the creative and pricing teams on each flash sale.
- Account Management & Portfolio Expansion
You will maintain the successful partner relationships between Voyage Privé and its suppliers with regular meetings, calls and interaction
Bringing new and exciting products to our members each week is essential for the success of Voyage Privé. Key part of your role will be seeking out Business Development opportunities to expand the company’s portfolio of partners and presenting the model through meetings, conference calls & trade shows
- Degree educated (desirable but not essential)
- 3+ years’ proven experience in a contracting/product position for this destination with a tour operator, OTA or wholesaler including delivery of entire products from start to finish
- Strong negotiator, confident with suppliers, analytical, autonomous, team player, loves a challenge and can work under pressure
- Excellent USA / Canada hotel & travel market knowledge and experience with a wealth of networking contacts
- Strong commercial acumen, delivering on commitments and deadlines
- Experience in dealing with the Flash Sale market is an advantage
- Knowledge of Sales Force is a plus