Area Manager - German market
- Aix-en-Provence, France
Voyage Privé is a private company that was launched in 2006 in France and has since grown to become the world’s leading by-subscription-only travel site.
Since then, the company has expanded operations in Spain, Italy, the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Germany and currently has over 20M members combined with annual gross revenues of €530m in 2016 with healthy profits.
The Area Manager is an expert of its local market. He is aware of the consumer habits and follows the marketing trends. He supports and advises the buyers in their choice of the commercial strategy defined for their destination. He is the guarantor of the right level of real estate of the products that are assigned to him.
- Study and understand the specificities (usages, transports, prices, client typologies) of the local market assigned:
- Know the different customer segments and follow their evolution.
- Analyse and follow the products performances.
- Identify the growth levers for each customer segment and product.
- Understand the market development in terms of purchasing behaviour and share insights.
- Define the monthly production plan of sales for the destinations assigned
- Suggest the good mix product to the buyer and attend to combine the sales volume to the business objective to reach.
- Estimate the performance previsions for each flash sale and challenge the buyer.
- Follow the production of the flash sales and guarantee the best quality
- Validate the offers from the other clusters and schedule every day new offers to publish.
- Adapt the offer to one’s market specificities.
- Measure and optimize the merchandizing performance on the website, in the newsletter and during special operations.
- Monitor the performance of all online flash sales (traffic, TTV views, …).
- Support the buyers in his renegs
- Define with the buyer the objectives to reach withing the reneg for key offers.
- Provide the proper KPIs to the buyer to help him prepare his renegs.
- Attend to the well understanding of the briefing by the buyer and in his renegs.
Degree educated (desirable but not essential)
Fluent in the English language. An understanding of French and German would be a real plus.
Strong knowledge and experience within the hotel/online travel industry.
Personable and comfortable in being face to face with partners.
At ease when working with numbers (& proficient using Excel), happy to operate as part of a team and a creative thinker.