- Los Angeles, CA, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Founded in 2016, VoxelCloud is a U.S. (Los Angeles)/China (Shanghai)-based leader in AI analysis of medical images. Backed by Sequoia and Tencent. We help doctors make better/faster/earlier diagnoses and related clinical decisions. http://www.voxelcloud.ai
We are hiring a Data Analyst Intern to join our product team. You will work alongside Software Developers, Data Engineers and Machine Learning Engineers and report directly to project managers. Your main tasks include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting supporting materials, performing software testing and simple analytics to multiple product/projects. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical thinking, be well organized and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users especially medical professionals.
- Analyzing project/product needs, anticipating and collecting requirements, uncovering areas for improvement and suggesting solutions to the Engineering team
- Performing independent research of medical concepts, competition landscape and regulation affairs regarding medical devices, and organizing and presenting findings to the R&D team
- Documenting supportive materials of product development, deployment and maintenance which includes but not limited to product manuals and sprint meeting records
- Analyzing medical records data (EMR) and product usage data
- Collecting product/project needs by communicating with Chinese and U.S. medical professionals and other collaborators
- Performing simple feature and product testing and working closely with developers for refinements
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- B.S. degree in business or science major, bio/pre-med strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual (Chinese and English) preferred.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills, must be a quick learner
- Excellent documentation skills
- Engineering background, especially software development experience, is preferred
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Python / R / SQL or similar programming language is a plus.
- Based in or near Los Angeles: this position is for our LA office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.