Flight Performance Engineer (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Department: Technology & Development
- Job Location: Bruchsal HQ
We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
Identification of required flight test to be performed for aircraft validation and compliance demonstration in the field of performance and flight mechanics.
- You identify and prepare Flight Test Requests and alignments with FT aircrew on test execution.
- You assist with Flight Test plan preparation.
- You assist with Flight Test Instrumentation requirements, selection, positioning, and calibration.
- You assist withTest Execution to ensure Test Data Quality.
- You assist with Flight Test data reduction.
- You asisst with Flight Test report generation to assist the compliance demonstration.
Check in your professional skills:
- Demonstrated experience in flight testing, ideally of rotorcrafts.
- Previous involvement in a A/C certification process (Ideally CS-27/29).
- Experience in flight test plan generation.
- Experience in identification of required test aircraft instrumentation.
- Demonstrated experience in flight performance and flight mechanics data interpretation and reduction.
- Proficient in scripting languages for data reduction e.g. Python, Matlab, etc. - Minimum 4 years of professional experience as a flight physics engineer with close interaction with flight test operation
- Involvement in a rotorcraft certification for performance and flight mechanics.
- Working experience as a flight test engineer.
- Experience in rotorcraft flight physics.
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
- A fast-growing high-tech company with a broad network of top investors and partners
- The chance to help shape the future of aviation
- The chance to create new things from scratch & manage your own projects
- Personal accountability, and growth & learning opportunities, based on your skills
- An inspiring workplace with modern workstations, flexible hours, efficient communication, flat hierarchies & fantastic team spirit
- An attractive salary package
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.