Head of Reward – People & Organization (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your future Volocopter crew:
At Volocopter we want people to thrive, for you to follow your purpose and drive in an environment that needs your unique skills so that collectively we can change the way the world thinks about getting from A to B. Volocopter is a leading-edge, hyper-growth, green technology icon, backed by world leaders in tech and engineering that innovate from first principles, and attracts talent that is empowered to do things the right way as it changes the industry as we know it.
Your mission during this flight:
Reporting to the Chief People & Organization Officer, you will be responsible for shaping Reward structures, systems and practices globally. You will be a trusted organizational leader responsible for the design of Volocopter’s Compensation Philosophy and the strategic management of inclusive benefits and services that are able to effectively support a diverse, rapidly-growing international employee base that is bringing urban air mobility to life. You are a hands-on leader with a deep understanding of scaling programs and practices, with a track record of conceptualizing successful strategies, leading action plans, and driving the execution of organizational goals. This position requires an ability to think strategically about problems as well as a knack for tactical execution. You will also lead the Organizational Reporting & Analytics function and will provide end-to-end support to the Chief People Officer in her role as company representative to the Board on both the Compensation and Governance Committees.
As a change leader, you will be responsible for adjusting to emerging needs, mobilizing people to change, leading with a clear sense of purpose, and building an adaptive, learning culture. Your pioneering spirit will serve you well as a catalyst of growth in our highly dynamic, target-oriented, and human-centered organization in which Compensation and Benefits is a culture-shaping platform for the future of work.
As Volocopter’s Compensation & Benefits Lead you will:
- Lead the full range of global Compensation and Benefits activities by innovating, designing, and implementing global Total Reward platforms and systems internationally
- Lead a small team of highly motived Compensation & Benefits specialists, and collaborate with them on building the Reward culture
- Implement a “culture of data” and prepare regular reports and analytics for internal and external stakeholders on internal equity, workforce cost, benchmarking data etc. You are responsible for all external service providers on related topics
- Support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs/initiatives by advising on Fair Reward
- Regularly monitor labor markets to upgrade pay ranges and benefits packages as needed
- You will second our Chief People Officer by preparing all board-related materials for the Compensation Committee and the Governance Committee and may represent her in our board meetings in the rare instance that she is unable to attend them.
Check in your professional skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the Compensation and Benefits function
- A minimum of 6 years of Total Rewards management responsibilities in global NASDAQ/NYSE listed companies
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of business on a global scale including Europe, Asia, USA
- Like all of us, you want to change the world, want to get things done, and you have a team-first, pragmatic and fast approach
- Must have – excellent business English communication skills (written and spoken) and exceptional instincts and practices that keep stakeholders informed and included in a way that builds trust
- Desirable language skills – German, Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean
- Experience in aviation/engineering or a heavily regulated/technical area will be an added advantage
- You are an authentic leader and a consummate team player: you inspire your team, foster their growth, partner with peers, and learn something new about yourself every day
- You roll up your sleeves and get what needs doing done
- Experience with effectively scaling a Rewards function to support the company's business goals and growth, with a strong awareness of best practices
- Expertise in the development of strategy and administration of Compensation and Benefits, including Executive compensation, compliance programs and policies
- Demonstrated experience in performing complex reporting and analysis. Strong analytical, mathematical, statistical, and conceptual skills; Excel expertise is required
Our Volocopter flight includes:
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
- The role is based in Germany. The company will sponsor the necessary visa and embraces the value of diversity.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.
Fasten your seat belt and take-off with an awesome team as we bring urban air mobility to life!