Senior Business Development Manager - Japan (m/f/d)
- 1 Chome Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
- Job Location: Tokyo or Osaka
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
As the first member of our team in Japan, you will lead and support the build-up of our commercial activities that will lead to the launch of air taxi and drone services or sales. You will be able to build on a set of excellent partnerships with top notch investors and business partners Volocopter has established or attracted, such as Japan Airlines, Mitsui Sumitomo, MS&AD, NTT Docomo and Tokyo Century. You will work closely with the market and business development teams as well as with the Office of Airworthiness to build-up the commercial businesses for our Volocopter aircrafts in Japan. You initiate and maintain partnerships along Volocopter's value chain and manage strategic key accounts and projects. You contribute to the further refinement of our company’s overall strategy and go-to-market approach. You will need to be comfortable with the unknown and flexible as well as pragmatic, wanting to shape and build the future!
- Be a pioneer – Identify the market potential for both air taxi (VoloCity) and drone (VoloDrone) operations or sales
- Analyze our business – Analyze and initiate strategic alliances across key areas of our value chain and develop and deliver on go-to-market strategies
- Explain and network – You will have responsibility and a say on marketing activities and plans, events and general sales activities
- Be in charge of Volocopter’s local key partners – Being fully responsible as key point of contact for important public and private strategic partners and investors
- Deal maker and person of action – You will develop long-term business growth strategies, negotiate sustainable and sensible business deals and execute those into actions
- Build the business – You will identify and manage strategic partnerships, foster an ecosystem of excellence and quality, including the development, negotiation and execution of such partnerships, establishing and expanding our partnerships, alliances and developing scalable cooperation concepts across different regions
- Driver of strategic commercial priorities – You will contribute to the company strategy and create strategic decision proposals regarding significant partnerships, team, budget and commercial roll-out in Japan through close cooperation with our Head of APAC and Head of Market Development
Check in your professional skills:
- Academic degree in economics, business and engineering or comparable programs
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant role with strong project management skills or as a key account manager in a comparable position coming from but not limited to the mobility, aviation or consulting industry
- Experience in the design and analysis of business models and value chains
- Team player with a pioneer spirit and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally effectively with tech, product, finance, marketing and operations colleagues
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- You are a negotiator
- Your business experience includes working with a deep knowledge and experience of doing business in Japan for an international company, interacting with various stakeholders and managing diverging interests
Our Volocopter flight includes:
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.
Fasten your seat belt and take-off with an awesome team as we bring urban air mobility to life!