FBW System Engineer (Safety/Reliability) - Flight Control System (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
You are a system engineer with focus on safety activities experienced in the development and analysis of complex systems and you are passionate about making a difference in eVTOL aviation. You have substantial experience in system architecture and requirements engineering and a profound understanding of system safety analysis in aviation. Within a multi-disciplinary team, you will coordinate between the safety team and the flight control team to ensure a successful certification. In addition, you create and manage a comprehensive requirement catalogue at system level.
- Supporting the Team Safety for system and aircraft level safety assessments
- Review of supplier FMEAs
- Creation of system FMECA
- Review of supplier Reliability Assessments
- Close cooperation with aircraft safety team
- Requirements management at flight control level (including e.g. functional-, safety-, regulatory-, environmental-, human factors, and performance requirements)
- System level safety expert for coordination and alignment with various internal departments but also certification authorities
- Coordination and management of safety activities with external suppliers
- Engineering degree (minimum Bachelor of Science)
- 3 years of professional experience in systems engineering for complex systems (ideally aviation-related)
- Professional experience in system development activities according to ARP4754A
- Professional experience in functional safety and reliability analysis
- Knowledge of aviation regulations and standards (e.g. ARP4754A; knowledge of ARP4761 is an advantage)
- Experience with FTA
- Highly skilled and effective in technical writing and communicating with others
- Experience with systems engineering tools (e.g. DOORS, SysML, etc.)
- Ideally theoretical knowledge about flight physics or electrical systems
- Structured way of working, high sense of responsibility and accountability
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.