Junior Systems Engineer Airframe (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
You will be accountable for the development, definition, and tracing of requirements for our airframe and mechanical systems. You will ensure the proper development of components and parts according to our specifications. You will be an integral part of our airframe development team.
- Assist in the development of airframe systems
- Evaluate airframe regarding weight, safety, costs, and production
- Define and document requirements on the system, sub-system, and component level
- Provide assistance on the supplier coordination activities.
- Assist in defining test protocols, airframe system tests and evaluate test results on component, sub-system, and system levels
- Bachelor's degree in the area of Aerospace Design or comparable subject
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Systems Engineer or similar
- Proficiency in Part 21J and EASA DOA functions
- Structural design experience in composite structures
- Experience with EASA Certification Specifications
- Hands-on, creative and solution-oriented way of working
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.