Manufacturing Engineer – Final Assembly (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Manufacturing Engineer – Final Assembly, you will be part of our Manufacturing Team, who is responsible for bringing the VoloCity to market.
- Create production orders and work Instructions
- Plan work processes, operating resources, material flows
- Drive “Design for Manufacturing” for serial production standard
- Develop and conceptual design of assembly-jigs
- Acquire assembly technologies including manual and automated solutions
- Specify, select and provide new production equipment for Volocopter plants
- Assist in the shop floor & continuously improve the entire process
- Establish robust production processes and prove rate capability
- Take measures to eliminate any faults that occur during production
- Manage commissioning and final acceptance
- Mechanical, Aeronautical, Process Engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or Industrial Engineer in a modern production environment for aircrafts
- Experience in final assembly of whole aircraft
- Experience in handling and integration of avionic systems
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the structural assembly processes (bonded structures, fastened structures, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of composites technologies
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning and execution
- Experience in a Production Organization (PO)
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!