System Engineer – Avionics Safety (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
- Management of the system/subsystem/component level requirements
- Supporting the Team Safety for system and aircraft level safety assessments
- Review of supplier FMEAs
- Creation of system FMECA
- Review of supplier Reliability Assessments
- Close cooperation with aircraft safety team
- Coordination and management of safety activities with external suppliers
- Supporting the Safety Team with the system safety assessments for the Volocopter's avionics system, including functional hazard analysis (FHA), common cause analysis (CCA) and fault-tree analysis (FTA)
- Work closely with specialists in a multidisciplinary team
- Engineering degree (BSc, Msc)
- Professional experience in the system development activities according to ARP 4754A for the avionics systems
- Professional experience in functional safety and reliability analysis (e.g. ARP 4754A, ISO 26262, IEC 62061 etc.; knowledge of ARP 4761 is an advantage)
- Experience with FTA is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and structured approach
- Ability to link theoretical analysis results to practical design decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizing ability as well as high sense of responsibility and accountability, hands-on attitude
- Good language skills in English
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.