Senior Legal Counsel / Head of Legal (m/w/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Senior Legal Counsel or Head of Legal, based in our Headquarters in Bruchsal, Germany, you will be responsible for proactively shaping the legal function at Volocopter. With your expertise, you will be the focal point for legal topics in the company and steer the processes to establish a highly performing legal team.
- Responsible for setting up and managing legal processes and structures in the (future) legal department at Volocopter, including budgeting
- Creating, reviewing, and counseling on (international) contracts, e.g. cooperation agreements, framework agreements with strategic accounts and partners
- Providing counsel and legal support to internal stakeholders on a variety of legal topics, such as regulatory matters, IP, labor law as well as managing and controlling external counsels
- Supporting capital markets financing processes and related legal diligence processes and corporate governance requirements
- Excellent references from 5+ years of work experience, including at least 2-3 years as an in-house (Senior) Legal Counsel in a regulated business; additional experience in a business-oriented law firm is a strong plus
- Excellently completed law degree (LLM, zweites Staatsexamen, or equivalent)
- Proven knowledge in international contract law (German Law and Common Law (UK/ US) are a must; additional knowledge of Asian countries’ law can be a plus)
- Strong understanding for and experience in regulated businesses, ideally aviation experience
- Experience with corporate governance and investor relations; capital markets experience is a strong plus
- Experience in counseling for M&A processes will be positive
- Proven leadership experience and a team-oriented approach are strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen and conceptualization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and excellent time management capabilities
- Excellent communicator, who is business fluent in English and preferably also in German
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.