Senior System Engineer Electrical Propulsion (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Your main task will be to develop motor system requirements using our requirements management system. Based on calculations, simulations and concepts developed by you in cooperation with other teams responsible for aircraft design, you will ensure the motor fulfils its requirements and required mission profiles and uses cases. Additionally, you will consider requirements from certification program, best practices, norms, and standards.
Another very important focus is to ensure the motor requirements are validated and traceable, using aerospace system engineering standards. You define validation methods and ensure the design meets the requirements by close interaction with the verification & test team. You will also contribute to the certification by ensuring the full system engineering lifecycle is followed and all deliverables required for a highly safety critical system are available and correct.
As a main technical contact to suppliers, you ensure questions and any uncertainties of the requirements are resolved, and steady progress is made in the design of motor, inverter, and complete system. You will also review supplier deliverables for technical consistency and adherence to aerospace and certification requirements.
With the real hard- and software available eventually, you take responsibility and ownership to ensure the motor fulfils its purpose and lifts VoloCity into the air. This includes troubleshooting, requirements and design changes and documentation.
M.Sc., Ph.D., or equivalent degree in electrical engineering, with electric motor design and/or power electronics specialization
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in electric drivetrain systems development
· Good knowledge about systems- and requirements engineering with requirements management tools like Integrity or DOORS
· Track record of electrical component development over significant parts of the lifecycle, ideally for Aerospace
· Knowledge of Aerospace standards beneficial: DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, ARP4754A
· Knowledge of system simulation and calculations, electric & thermal domains
· A structured way of working, high sense of reliability and accountability
· Proven track record of supplier management in complex developments
· Excellent written and spoken English skills (German is a plus)
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.