Test Engineer Flight Control (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible to develop tests for our aircraft systems and components to ensure all functional, environmental and certification requirements are verified. You will also set up, configure and validate test equipment. By strong interaction with the system designers and developers, you ensure the tests are meaningful and run efficiently.
Your main task will be to develop tests using our Requirements Management System, based on system and component requirements. You will ensure the tests are traceable and validated.
Based on these tests, you will develop and automate test programs which you will then execute on our test equipment. You will be deeply involved in identifying and documenting test results and issues, including troubleshooting.
To ensure all tests can be performed in an efficient way, you will support development, installation and operation of the test infrastructure, as well as integrating the Flight Control System.
You will also develop advanced test procedures and methods to ensure tests can be easily performed and repeated, are well documented and can be handed over to test operators who execute the tests based on guides and manuals you create.
- M.Sc. in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or similar degree or experience
- Working experience in testing of at least 3 years
- Already developed and executed tests in the past
- Knowledge in Flight Control systems
- Basic software development knowledge (Java, Python and/or C)
- Experience with Requirements Engineering
- Very good knowledge of the English language
- Structured, independent and solution-oriented way of working
- Good communication skills and good team worker
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.