Vehicle Architect VoloDrone (m/f/d)
- Site: Munich
- Department: Engineering & Production
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Within a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary core team, you are in charge of managing the development of the VoloDrone Vehicle and the integration of its systems in the vehicle.
You are a key member of the development team located in Oberpfaffenhofen, near Munich.
The Vehicle Architect manages the vehicle development from concept to detailed design and manages the verification against the vehicle specification.
- Contribute to the overall development plan and schedule
- Propose concepts of vehicle and assesses them wrt. Performance, Weight, cost, maintainability, producibility
- Perform the overall sizing of the UAV
- Manage Performance and vehicle limitations analysis and validation
- Manage the technical design of the Vehicle (including Stress and optimization loops)
- Manage the Integration of the various Systems into the vehicle
- Manage the completion of the 3D design (DMU) in time, perform DMU and Weight reviews
- Manage the execution of detailed drawings in time and quality
- Manage technically the subcontractors and suppliers
- Manages the technical configuration of the UAS
- Supervise the Qualification tests of the Vehicle
- Manage the Substantiation of the Vehicle regarding UAS specification and Certification Specifications
- CVE role for the Structure and integration parts
- MSc in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in aeronautics
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a structural engineer in composites as well as metal
- Experience in crash and impact analysis
- Experience in the static analysis
- Proven track record in lightweight structural design and strong knowledge in CFRP manufacturing methods
- Experience in CAD software (Siemens NX preferred)
- Highly skilled in FEA and calculations
- Experience in managing partners
- Knowledge of Design Organization, maintenance and production procedures according to 21J/145/21G
- Motivated and have a self-starter mentality
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience as a project manager and/or team lead
- Experience in drones
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcme and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!