Embedded Software Engineer Flight Controls (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Embedded Software Engineer in the flight controls team you will develop software that runs on a real urban air mobility solution – the Volocopter. You will design and implement safe software that matters for people all over the world, software that will literally take off in front of you.
You are a software engineer experienced in the development of real-time embedded software applications and are also familiar with developing distributed embedded solutions. Within a multi-disciplinary team, you develop the embedded software for the Volocopter flight control system.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development of real-time embedded software
- Expert software development skills in the C programming language is a must
- Ideally a background in safety critical DO-178 and/or DO-331 development projects
- Experience with RTOS, software configuration management tools, continuous integration, test coverage, worst case execution time analysis, worst case stack usage analysis, static code analysis and Git knowledge is a big plus
- Experience with digital communication bus standards (e. g. ARINC429, ARINC825, SPI, I²C, UART …)
- Structured way of working, attention to detail, high sense of responsibility and accountability
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Our international team will be to welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.