Software Engineer Embedded Systems VoloDrone (m/f/d)
- Friedrichshafener Str. 3, 82205 Gilching, Germany
- Job Location: Munich
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Embedded Software Engineer you will develop software running on Heavy Lift Utility Drones which will make a breakthrough in the transportation industry – the VoloDrones. You will design, implement and test safe software allowing deployment of our VoloDrones all over the world, software that will literally take off in front of you.
You are a software engineer experienced in the development of real-time embedded software applications and are also familiar with developing distributed embedded solutions. Within a multi-disciplinary team, you participate to the embedded software developments for the VoloDrone onboard systems, including Flight Control System, networking protocols, health monitoring and Flight Automation.
- Develop software for the VoloDrone Flight Control, health monitoring, automation systems and associated network protocols.
- Create high level software specifications
- Define software design and architecture
- Assist in software verification efforts in accordance with applicable industry standards
- Improve internal software development standards
- Deploy agile software development methods
- Coordinate and execute software testing
- Assist in bench test and flight test activities
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Robotics or related
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development of real-time embedded software (industry or academia)
- Track record of successfully completed software projects
- Excellent software development skills in the C language
- Experience with RTOS, software configuration management tools, continuous integration, test coverage
- Experience with digital communication standards (e.g. SPI, I²C, UART, CAN, etc.)
- Team player with a pioneering spirit
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Hardware integration experience
- Experience in distributed systems development
- A structured way of working, high sense of accountability
- Experience in drones or aeronautics industry is a plus
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!