Internship or Working Student as Flight Test and Integration Engineer of non-conventional eVTOL(m/f/d)
- Hofmannstraße 61, 81379 München, Germany
- Job Location: Munich
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Within a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary core team, you are in charge of managing the development and prototyping of Volocopter’s next generation aircraft. Reporting to our Aircraft Architect, you are a key member of the development team located in Munich.
In the Volo Next Generation Team, you will work under the direct supervision of the Aircraft Architect and Aerodynamics Engineer working on the recent advancement in the VTOL configurations. You will be working on several scaled models in terms of integrating new equipment, adapting the aircraft, and preparing for testing purposes. Furthermore, you will prepare equipment testing for test benches and perform tests if needed.
- Design/3D Print parts of scaled flight test model and integrate them
- Integrate electrical and electronic components onto the drones
- Setup and operate test benches
- Assist in the on aircraft and off aircraft (e.g. test benches) testing as well as during flight tests
- Improve the aircraft capabilities by designing new components for the aircraft (e.g. control surfaces, aerodynamic surfaces, landing gear,…)
- Assist and perform flight tests of the existing scaled drones
- Modify drones mechanically and electrically according to design updates
- Integrate modifications into the aircraft
- Establish or modify existing test benches and perform tests (e.g. wind tunnel, propeller rigs, system test benches, aircraft flight control system tuning rigs)
- Assist on performing large scale test rigs
- You are available from December/January for 6 months
- Master or Bachelor student in the field of aerodynamic/aerospace
- Experience in designing and manufacturing parts (CAD and 3D printing) (Siemens NX preferred)
- Experience in drone electronics/equipment
- Able to work independently with self-initiative
- Experience Python / MATLAB / LabVIEW (preferred)
- Hands-on attitude, Drone piloting experience (preferred)
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Our offices in Bruchsal offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!