Working Student in Volocopter Aircraft Interior Ergonomic Mockup Design of non-conventional eVTOL (m/f/d)
- Friedrichshafener Str. 3, 82205 Gilching, Germany
- Job Location: Munich
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
- Gather passenger and pilot comfort requirements from regulators and Volocopter internal requirements based on the aircraft's mission
- Evaluate ergonomic solutions for the aircraft's interior in order to assess
- passenger position/ergonomics
- aircraft access
- pilots field of view
- windscreen sizing
- aircraft control position
- door and window position and sizing
- Implementation into a CAD design with the industrial designer
- Design potential solutions for the interior
- Derive a selected design, manage the manufacturing (with external vendor), and build-up a full-size mockup for
- Seat and handling testing
- Flight simulation testing
- You are available from December/January for 6 months
- Master or Bachelor student in the field of ergonomics or engineering
- Hand-on attitude to design and build
- Experience in 3D printing
- Skilled in CAD design (SiemensNX is preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and with self-initiative
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!