Internship in Flight Dynamics Control of non-conventional eVTOL (m/f/d)
- Friedrichshafener Str. 3, 82205 Gilching, Germany
- Job Location: Munich
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
Within a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary core team, you are in charge of developing and testing algorithms for navigation and flight control of Volocopter’s next generation aircraft. Reporting to our Senior Flight Control System Engineer - Volo Next Generation, you are a key member of the development team located in Munich.
In the Volo Next Generation Team, the student will work on the flight control system of a state-of-the-art VTOL configuration. In this regard, the work of the student will focus on implementing various linear, non-linear, and adaptive flight control algorithms and simultaneously testing and validating the integrated software. Additionally, the student will also be involved in the development of navigation solutions and flight testing.
- Flight Control Algorithms design and implementation
- Modeling and simulating flight dynamics model
- Developing suited tools that are capable of auto-generating flight performance and stability results
- Assist in setup and testing HIL (Hardware-in-the-Loop) and also flight testing
- Available from November/December 2020 for 6 months
- Master in the field of Aeronautics/Aerospace specializing in flight dynamics and control
- Experience in developing flight navigation and control algorithms
- Experience in using Matlab/Simulink
- Flight testing experience and drone piloting experience is a plus
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!