Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
- 460 Alexandra Rd Level 7 GeoWorks Office, Singapore, Singapore
- Job Location: Singapore
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As a member of our Business Development Team, you are driving Volocopter's activities in building up future commercial air taxi routes in metropoles all over the globe and take a key role in creating and realizing top priority goals in close partnership with Volocopter's senior management. Based in our Singapore office, you initiate and maintain strategic partnerships along with Volocopter and contribute to the further development of our company’s overall strategy and go-to-market approach.
Driver of strategic priorities – As the first hire on the Southeast Team, you will contribute to Volocopter's overall company strategy and create strategic analyses and proposals regarding significant partnerships, team, and budget.
Expert in public agencies – You will spearhead and manage ongoing relationships with critical government agencies and public institutions to accelerate and ensure continued public support for our launch in Southeast Asia.
Manager of key business partners – You will be fully accountable as Key Account Manager for important sales and marketing partners, closely maintain this partnership to develop and execute new business projects.
Trusted senior manager and colleague – You will help build up Volocopter's Southeast Asia talent pool for strategic roles in the region and train colleagues in project management, reporting, gaining a “getting things done” mentality and leading by example.
Academic degree in economics, business, and engineering, or comparable study program
Minimum 5 years of experience in a top management consultancy, internet software company or aviation industry with strong business development and project management skills
Solid experience in design and analysis of business models and value chains
Excellent command in spoken and written English and 1 other Asian language (Chinese, Bahasa, etc.)
Team player and pioneer spirit
Master’s degree in economics, business, and engineering, or comparable academic programs
Experience and passionate in the mobility, aviation, or drone industry in Southeast Asia
Experience in planning, budgeting, and managing team of Business Development managers
Deep knowledge and experience of doing business in Southeast Asia context
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- You will be one of the first members of our Southeast Asia team, able to unique shape the growth and direction of the company in this region.
- Our offices are located in Geoworks, Southeast Asia’s first geospatial industry center. The collaborative spaces offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, free snacks and drinks, and a chance to network with interesting people from 25 other start-ups.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!