Remote Pilot (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
You will be part of our Flight Test Team, planning and conducting flight test campaigns as a Remote Pilot by following the instructions provided by the Flight Test Engineers. Tests will usually be conducted locally, but may involve campaigns at remote locations from time to time. In addition, when not involved in the flight test activity, you will work closely with our Engineering team to provide your contribution for the development or production of Volocopter.
- Flying the Volocopter by remote-control during flight test campaigns
- Flying video-recording drones to document the Volocopter flight tests
- Providing technical guidance and training to Junior Remote Pilots
- Preparing aircraft for flights and actively participating in pre/post-flight briefings with the Flight Test Team
- Working on engineering projects, the solution of which requires technological advances and related development
- UAS license (Kenntnisnachweis or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of proven experience in remote piloting UAS, ideally multi-rotor UAS
- Additionally, proven professional experience in a related engineering or technical field
- Communicative team player, well organized with a proven ability to get things done
- Fluent in English language (written & spoken)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field
- Aircraft Pilot or Maintenance license (CPL, PPL, LAPL, UL, TMG, GPL or B1, B2, B2L or equivalent)
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.