Senior Stress Engineer (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
You are an experienced stress engineer with an Aerospace background and have demonstrated experience in the design, structural analysis, and simulation of composite materials. Additionally, you have applied FEA simulation and gained applied experience in testing and documenting components and full-scale structural tests. Within a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team you develop and refine the state-of-the-art composite structure of the Volocopter that is key to its best-in-class performance.
- Detailed sizing, static, dynamic, damage tolerance, and modal analysis of structural aircraft components utilizing both classical hand calculations and finite element analysis.
- Verify structural integrity by performing analysis using analytical methods, finite element models/simulations, and other analysis tools throughout the product life-cycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics, and performance.
- Develop aircraft structural models for stress analysis and sizing of primary and secondary structures for trade studies and manufacturing optimization.
- Composite ply stack optimization for weight reduction while maintaining manufacturing constraints.
- Assist in design reviews and signing off on structural parts.
- Review and Approve Stress Reports.
- Define and document structural load cases, certification test plans, and test results to substantiate for regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Accountable for reviews of composite design, airframe structural configuration layouts, and detail design including structural layouts, preliminary sizing, joint layouts, and part design, utilizing metallic and composite materials.
- Conducting design trades, optimizations for final product configuration definitions considering safety, strength, weight, & producibility.
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree (MSc, Ph.D.)
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience as a stress engineer performing structural analysis and FEM of composite and metal structure.
- Advanced proficiency in finite element analysis, including nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of composite structures or metallic structures.
- In-depth knowledge of loading scenarios, free body diagrams, and structural behavior of aircraft components.
- Ability to generate and review detailed analysis reports and aircraft type certification documents.
- Experience in the design and implementation of composite structures as solutions to complex engineering requirements.
- Experience in structural testing, testing standards, test planning, and test correlation.
- Track record of successfully performing light-weight composite design projects.
- Familiarity with a variety of high-performance composite manufacturing processes, process limitations, and post-processing of advanced composite components.
- Highly proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Proficiency with CAD
- Ideally experienced in an aerospace environment.
- Structured way of working and a high sense of accountability.
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcme and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!