Flight Controls Software Engineer Embedded Systems (m/f/d)
- Friedrichshafener Str. 3, 82205 Gilching, Germany
- Job Location: Munich
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Embedded Software Engineer you will develop software running on Heavy Lift Utility Drones which will make a breakthrough in the transportation industry – the VoloDrones. You will design, implement, and test safe software allowing deployment of our VoloDrones all over the world, software that will literally take off in front of you.
You are a software engineer experienced in the development of real-time embedded software applications and are also familiar with developing distributed embedded solutions. Within a multi-disciplinary team, you participate in the embedded software developments for the VoloDrone onboard systems, including Flight Control System and Flight Automation, as well as networking protocols and health monitoring.
- Define, develop, and implement software and algorithms for the VoloDrone flight control, automation systems, health monitoring, and associated network protocols.
- Create high-level software specifications
- Define software design and architecture
- Assist in software verification efforts in accordance with applicable industry standards
- Coordinate and execute software testing
- Assist in bench test and flight test activities
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Robotics or related
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development of embedded software (industry or academia)
- Minimum 3 years of experience on Control design for aerial vehicle and/or autonomous systems (industry or academia)
- Excellent software development skills in the C language and in a scripting language (Python, MATLAB, …)
- Experience with model-based design (eg Simulink) and robotics middleware (eg ROS)
- Experience with digital communication standards (e.g. SPI, I²C, UART, CAN …)
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
- Experience with RTOS, software configuration management tools, continuous integration, test coverage
- Hardware integration experience
- Experience in distributed systems development
- A structured way of working, high sense accountability
- Team player with a pioneering spirit
- Experience in UAV or aeronautics industry
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcme and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!