Systems Test Engineer VoloDrone (m/f/d)
- Friedrichshafener Str. 3, 82205 Gilching, Germany
- Job Location: Munich
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As a Systems Test Engineer you will be working on System Integration, Software In the Loop (SIL), Hardware In the Loop (HIL) simulations of aircraft systems and subsystems, and also data acquisition set up for the tests.
As Systems Test Engineer you will be accountable for the design and integration of test rigs, implementation of test cases including the instrumentation, test execution, data recording, evaluation of the test results, and the corresponding problem reporting. By strong interaction with the system designers and developers, you ensure the tests are meaningful and run efficiently.
- Design and develop test setups (SW in the Loop, HW In the Loop) and associated infrastructure
- Develop verification tests based on system and component requirements. You will ensure the tests are traceable and validate requirements.
- Identify and document test results and issues, including troubleshooting
- Ensure all test can be performed in an efficient way
- Develop advanced test procedures and methods to ensure tests can be easily performed and repeated, are well documented, and can be handed over to test operators
- M.Sc. in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or similar degree or experience
- Working experience in testing operations of at least 3 years
- Already developed and executed tests against standards in the past
- Knowledge of power electronics & drive systems, Avionics systems or Flight Controls (at least one)
- Experience with Requirements Engineering
- Experience with scripting languages (eg Python, MATLAB, bash, etc.)
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
- Experience with high-voltage drivetrain systems
- Experience in designing and assembling electronics or mechatronics systems
- Structured, independent, and solution-oriented way of working
- Hand-on attitude is required
- Good communication skills and a motivated team player
- Experience in UAVs or aeronautics industry
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcme and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!