Internship in design and Implementation of Flight Tests SW tools for novel heavy duty utility drone (m/f/d)
- Hofmannstraße 61, 81379 München, Germany
- Job Location: Munich
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
- Creation of Flight Test software support tools
- Support to flight test activities
- You are available from January or February 2021 for 5-6 months
- You are a student in Software Engineering or a comparable subject, ideally at the end of your Masters´s degree
- You are a citizen or permanent resident of the EU or your current visa allows you to work in Germany
- You are proficient programming in Python, C, and C++
- You are proficient in GUI development tools
- You are proficient writing scripts for Linux Bash Shell and Windows Power Shell
- You have an interest in test and evaluation
- You are comfortable working with standard MS Office applications
- You are a communicative team player, have a good organizational and implementation strength, and would love to bring urban air mobility to life
- You are dependable, have self-initiative, and have a solution-oriented way of working
- You already have some practical experience in the aviation industry, especially flight test and/or drone operations (of advantage)
- Fluent in English (German is a plus)
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer an attractive salary package.
- Our offices offer an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcome and help you with your relocation where applicable.
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employee. As change-makers in air mobility, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.