Team Lead Drivetrain (f/m/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
You are in charge of developing the Volocopter’s electric propulsion unit (electric drive, inverter, etc.), the On-Board Power (LV voltage network) and the EWIS. With your ideas you build the future of modern aviation. With a direct reporting line to our CTO, you are a key member of our development team. You will design and implement a safe system that matters for people all over the world, a system that will literally take off in front of you.
You will be managing the development of:
- The electric propulsion unit
- The OnBoard Power system
- The EWIS
As such, you will define safety-relevant requirements and functions with adequate methods (FMEA etc.). You will manage the electric propulsion unit team, organize the work with the team members and ensure people management.
Moreover, you will manage suppliers for the development of all the related equipment. And make sure to manage interfaces with all other system, especially High Voltage Batteries, Flight Control and Avionics system.
- MSc, PhD or equivalent degree in engineering (mechatronics, electronics, power engineering, aerospace, physics or related fields) or similar work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in electric systems development, e.g. electric engine or operation system
- Track record of developing electrical components, ideally for Aerospace
- Master Aerospace standards (DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, ARP4754A…)
- Knowledge of system simulation required
- Experienced with team management
- A structured way of working, high sense of reliability and accountability
- Team player, self-starter, flexibility
- Very good English language skills (written & spoken), very good German language skills is a benefit
- Fast-growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal accountability, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!