Airworthiness Engineer (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Airworthiness Engineer you hold a formal position within the EASA approved Design Organization of Volocopter, as part of the Office of Airworthiness. As an expert in aircraft certification, your duties are assigned by your specific expertise, and you are acting on behalf of the Head of Airworthiness for dedicated projects. You manage subject-specific contacts with the relevant authorities, such as EASA and it’s international counterparts and you are consulting our technical design experts in all aspects related to certification of the product.
- Coordination of generation and alteration of the Certification Program, involving the relevant Compliance Verification Engineers
- Coordination of generation and alteration of Master Compliance documentation based on formally verified compliance documentation, aligned with Certification Program
- Coordination of occurrence assessment and classification as ‘unsafe’ or ‘not unsafe condition’
- Coordination of generation and alteration of Flight Conditions prior to submission to EASA for approval
- Conduct of internal DOA relevant training activities
- Taking over tasks delegated by the Head of Airworthiness, like coordination and conduct of certification meetings with Authorities, representing Airworthiness in project reviews, clarifying certification relevant subjects with subcontractors, etc.
- Engineering degree in aeronautical science or equivalent education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Compliance Verification Engineer, preferably in multiple disciplines
- Thorough knowledge of the applicable requirements to Type Certification of aircraft, ideally stemming from different categories of products
- Thorough knowledge of the EASA regulatory environment and EASA practices
- Previous involvement in EASA Type Certification Processes; experience as Airworthiness Engineer beneficial
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent command of English language
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Fast-growing high-tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Ability to contribute directly to the future of aviation
- The chance to build up new things/projects from scratch
- Personal responsibility, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- An inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat structures, great team spirit
- Attractive salary package
Our differences make us stronger. At Volocopter, we stand for inclusion for all. We believe that diversity drives innovation and in building a culture where difference is valued. Come and join us on our journey!