Airborne Electronic Hardware Development Engineer (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are building the world’s first manned fully electric and safe air taxis. With the Volocopter we will redefine the way people move in cities and make humanity’s dream of personal flight come true. As pioneers in this field, we wrote aviation history in 2011 with the first-ever manned flight of a multicopter. This feat was followed by milestones like the first license and the worldwide first autonomous flight in a megacity (www.volocopter.com).
As Airborne Electronic Hardware Development Engineer you will develop components that run on a real urban air mobility solution – the Volocopter. You will design and implement safe hardware that matters for people all over the world, hardware that will literally take off in front of you.
As Airborne Electronic Hardware Development Engineer
- You will define, simulate and design safety critical electronic hardware according to requirement specification
- You will create schematics and layout PCBs using electronic design automation software
- You will create certification relevant documents and plans according to DO-254
- Moreover, you will support failure analysis and calculations
- You will coordination with external PCA suppliers
- You will be a responsible interface to the certification authorities
- Degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or similar
- Good knowledge and understanding of ARP4754, DO-254 and DO-160
- Experience in digital and analog schematic design, PCB layout and design verification
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in aerospace development
- Ideally experienced in python and c
- Strong analytical skills and structured approach
- Good language skills in English
- Volocopter offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Volocopter, you will have personal responsibility, be able to grow and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Volocopter offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, positive leadership, and a great team spirit. Moreover, we offer a ccompetitive salary package.
- Our offices in Bruchsal are offering an inspiring working environment with modern workspaces, comfortable networking areas, a rooftop terrace for evening BBQs and free meals and drinks.
- To build our excellent team we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Our international team will be happy to give you a warm welcome and support in relocation where applicable.