Head of Prototyping (m/f/d)
- Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal, Germany
- Job Location: Bruchsal
We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever manned flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter.
As the head of prototyping, you will be in charge of building up the next generation aircraft. Moreover, you will help to guide Volocopter’s next steps into certifiable serial production.
- You will be leading a team and oversee the prototyping facilities. You will ensure adherence to our prototyping procedures and create new methods to improve the prototype workshop.
- Your daily business will involve planning, organizing, and scheduling work incl. — the exchange with the engineering department. Moreover, you will be developing suppliers and conduct supplier assessments.
- You will be responsible for the hiring of new employees, resource planning, and conduct the overall infrastructure planning to ensure the required investments and implementation of infrastructure.
- Looking forward, you will be developing the current setup into a certifiable production environment. You will be reviewing and challenging all manufacturing processes with a view to implementing lean and continuous improvement.
- Mechanical or aeronautical engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in prototyping, maintenance and/or production environment, or quality management background
- Participation in at least one aircraft type certification program
- Has successful experience in leading and developing a team
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in aerospace
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of Design and Production Organization, maintenance and production procedures according to 21J/145/21G
- Ideally, experience in build-up or extension of a Production Organization according to 21G
- Preferably experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing environments including planning and execution during production ramp-up
- Experience in communication with national authorities
- Fast growing high tech company with a supreme network of investors and partners
- Shaping the Volocopter organizational setup right from the start
- Personal responsibility, growth and learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths
- Inspiring working environment with modern work spaces, flexible work time, short lines of communication, flat hierachies, positive leadership, great team spirit
- Competitive salary package