Sports Management/Marketing Internship - Spring 2024
- Position Type: Internship/Temporary
- Salary Range: $16 - $20 per hour
- Department: Sports
More than 300,000 users Coast to Coast leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
What’s This Internship All About?
As the Sports Management/Marketing Intern, you will be working directly with our talented and knowledgeable team assisting with day to day league operations, including customer service, partner relations, data management, marketing projects, and much more.
Training will include an overview of sales, business development, marketing, networking, operations and finance. Upon completion of the internship, it is our hope that the knowledge learned is one that provides great value and expertise towards future career endeavors in the sports industry, including the opportunity to be permanently hired from this position.
More Than an Internship
- Unpaid Internship for office hours. Must need college credit to be eligible for internship
- Invaluable experience in sports management by leaders in the social sports industry
- Opportunity for part-time and full time position upon completion of internship
- Opportunity to make money by hosting/reffing leagues.
- Free sports leagues & events
Proof We Are Awesome
- Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Serving more than 19,000 kids in free youth programs
- Over 300,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
- 8 City markets & counting ...
INTERNSHIP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with game reports, customer service inquiries, scheduling and data entry
- Assist with league audits & evaluations
- Administrative and clerical support for all departments
- Inventory and upkeep of sports equipment and shirts
- Provide facility and field maintenance as needed; suggest venue improvement
- Other league-day preparations, such as field setup and supervision
- Set up & take down fields and /or Bar set up
- Execute fundraising activities to support kids programs
- Encourage and maintain a quality experience throughout the league
- Create digital marketing materials to promote upcoming leagues and events
- Analyze social media analytics
- Create and post reels highlighting specific leagues
- Establish and implement marketing campaigns specific to your intern class
- Works well in a team atmosphere, and requires low supervision/direction
- Self-reliant and eager to take on any task - no matter how big or small
- Strong customer service skills
- Currently enrolled in college or recently graduated
- Punctual and professional, but embraces a "work hard, play hard" attitude
- Passion for sports and social activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed leader who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve
- Comfortable with all types of clients and decision makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems.
- Has a vehicle to commute to the office and leagues.
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo partners with TeamWork Online, connecting people to sports jobs, careers, and internships for more than 30 years. Visit our page here to learn more.
Don't see a position that matches your background or interests? We're a growing company and always looking for top talent. Drop us your resume here and we'll contact you when there's a match!