Director of Fundraising - Non Profit
- Position Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $110,000 per year
- Department: Kids
Volo Kids Foundation provides free organized sports programs to kids in Baltimore, Boston, Denver, North Jersey, New York, San Diego, San Francisco and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together.
Founded and headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland in 2015, Volo Kids is a community based organization working to use the power of play to build communities of active, resilient, and confident kids. Since its inception, Volo Kids has engaged over 22,000 Kids nationwide. Our sports programs are powered by over 3,000 volunteers across the country.
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo Kids Foundation could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
Proof We Are Awesome
- Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Serving more than 20,000 kids in free youth programs
- Over 300,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
- 8 City Markets & Counting...
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo Kids could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
More Than a Job
- Annual company events such as Summit Retreat & Volo Games Field Day
- Healthcare and 401K benefits available
- Free sports leagues & events
- and more!
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 9am-6pm, ability to work some nights and weekends, ability to travel
This is a great opportunity for a goal-oriented, motivated, outgoing individual who enjoys impact-driven work and can think both strategically and tactically. We are seeking individuals who can strike a balance between employing their existing skills and network for success while simultaneously creating new initiatives and relationships to facilitate exponential engagement and growth.
We have expanded our programs immensely in just over 6 years, and we are looking for an experienced development professional to assist us in securing sustainable revenue streams to successfully scale our work.
This person will report to the Executive Director, and work directly with the Volo Kids Foundation leadership team to build the Foundation’s development strategy and team. The role will involve creating and implementing donor cultivation plans, building key relationships with sponsors and donors on a local and national level, developing our corporate engagement and event strategy, expanding our fundraising Board impact through growth and engagement, and growing brand awareness through public relations.
- Donor and Sponsor Cultivation
- Identify and cultivate new and prospective individual donors and corporate sponsors
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Development Director to oversee peer-to-peer fundraising strategy
- Work with Volo, Inc. to integrate corporate giveback initiatives in current key corporate and sponsor relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors and sponsors
- Corporate Fundraising Event and Engagement
- Expand Signature Fundraising Event models across all Volo Kids markets
- Develop relationships with key organizations in each Volo Kids market by attending local networking events
- Identify opportunities to expand corporate engagement strategy through participation in our annual End of Year Campaign
- Advisory Fundraising Board Management
- Expand our Volo Kids Advisory Fundraising Board across all Volo Kids markets
- Develop a strategy to engage, empower, and retain active Board members
- Build a pipeline for Board member recruitment through corporate relationships and cultivation
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- Experience in event/campaign management
- Experience with CRM + Fundraising software (we use Salesforce and Causevox)
- Experience in a startup environment a plus but not a must
"WOW" US WITH ...
- Previous non-profit work
- Experience managing a team
Volo Kids is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo partners with TeamWork Online, connecting people to sports jobs, careers, and internships for more than 30 years. Visit our page here to learn more.
Don't see a position that matches your background or interests? We're a growing company and always looking for top talent. Drop us your resume here and we'll contact you when there's a match!