Customer Service Manager
- Position Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 per year
- Department: Corporate/HQ
Founded and headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland in 2010, Volo is a community based organization with more than 300,000 users across the US. Our users leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
More Than a Job
Free sports leagues & free/discounted events
Perks from our sponsors
Networking and meeting new people
Opportunity for growth in one of the nation’s fastest growing companies
Proof We Are Awesome
Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
Serving more than 20,000 kids in free youth programs
Over 300,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
8 City Markets & Counting...
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
Providing a quality customer experience is essential to the success of Volo cities. The Customer Service Manager will play a vital role in this success through the development of customer service strategies, managing a centralized customer service team, and providing insight on the best customer experience across products. This is a cross-functional role that will support new and existing products, always keeping the success of our customers at the forefront.
This individual will work with the Sports Operations team to execute our customer service strategy, provide national customer support resources, and support quality league experience across all Volo Cities. This may include direct intervention in targeted markets and hands-on support of new products.
This role is for you if you are passionate about customer service, organized sports, and interested in playing in recreational leagues and events. The nature of this position centers around our customers. Schedules are flexible and subject to change based on the season. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Develop Tools to Track and Analyze the Quality of our customer experience
- Champion opportunities to consistently improve the Volo experience
- Map the customer journey and identify opportunities to proactively intervene on the client’s behalf
- Build opportunities to gather and process feedback, analyze that feedback, and present findings to senior leadership and local teams
- Develop listening points in the customer journey, define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Continually review and evolve the collection of processes Volo uses to track, oversee and organize every interaction between the customer and Volo products
- Train full-time and part-time staff on customer service standards
- Manage Execution of Centralized Customer Service
- Drive a customer service strategy that ensures the ultimate consumer experience
- Onboard part-time staff to support customer service across Volo markets
- Guide full-time and part-time staff in effective client issues resolutions
- Develop and set metrics and tracking to ensure teams are performing to the Volo Standard
- Directly accountable for results in terms of customer satisfaction
- Support the management of the Customer Service budget
- Provide targeted support for all markets
- Serve as dedicated support around sales deadlines
- Provide guidance in resolving major customer issues across markets
- Experience Improvement Projects:
- Develop and send player surveys on a quarterly basis
- Collect data on customer experience and provide reports with results and suggestions
- Create in-depth FAQ pages
- Support in development and execution of Customer Service audit to fill in gaps from platform KPI reports
- Work cross functionally with department heads to manage Volo playbook updates throughout the year
- National Phone Integrator:
- Manage company-wide phone systems and operational standards
- Design, train, and implement best phone practices tied to clear performance metrics
- Assist cities in player outreach projects
- Project Manage for Customer Service
- Use project management tools to structure, assign, and provide updates on active projects on behalf of the team
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of experience ideally working in a consumer-facing role.
- Familiarity with the social sports industry (as a player or employee) and its typical schedule and calendar.
- Experience working with registration software for leagues or events.
- Ability to work nights and weekends (most hours will be in-office, located near the local team).
- Can marshal resources effectively and comfortably navigate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, the industry leader in adult recreational sports
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo partners with TeamWork Online, connecting people to sports jobs, careers, and internships for more than 30 years. Visit our page here to learn more.
Don't see a position that matches your background or interests? We're a growing company and always looking for top talent. Drop us your resume here and we'll contact you when there's a match!