Pick-Up Sports Host
- Position Type: Part Time
- Salary Range: $16.50 - $18 per hour
- Department: Sports
Founded and headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland in 2010, Volo is a community based organization with more than 300,000 users across the US. Our users leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
More Than a Job
Free sports leagues & free/discounted events
Perks from our sponsors
Networking and meeting new people
Opportunity for growth in one of the nation’s fastest growing companies
Proof We Are Awesome
Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
Serving more than 20,000 kids in free youth programs
Over 300,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
8 City Markets & Counting...
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
When you accept a position with Volo, you’ll be joining a passionate, driven group of innovators within the social sports industry. Hosts serve as representatives for Volo and its subsidiaries at facilities and bars and are the main point of contact for our players in leagues. This is a part time position, however, there are opportunities for advancement within the company.
If you’re ready to embark on a career that will impact your life and your community while having lots of fun in the process, keep scrolling …
Pickup Host responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Serve as a representative for Volo at venues, facilities, bars or other locations
- Check-in registered participants at pickups, clinics, tournaments, and other events via the Volo Host App
- Meet and socialize with attendees to ensure all participants feel welcome
- Facilitate and maintain a quality experience throughout each program, ensuring all individuals have an equal opportunity to participate
- Setup and breakdown fields, facilities, and venues for program operations
- Ensure Volo’s brand standards and company values are upheld at all activities
- Promote pickups, tournaments, clinics, events and more through social media and on-field selling
- Promote Volo Pass membership to all program attendees via on-site branding and on-field selling
- Distribute marketing materials pertaining to Volo Pass, daily programs, or other Volo-related initiatives
Enjoy these awesome benefits:
- Play while you work! Volo Pass Hosts can participate in pickups, events and other programs, with certain limitations, while they work!
- Enjoy a free Volo Pass Membership! Volo Pass Hosts are eligible for a free Volo Pass membership after working 5 programs in a single month so they can enjoy the full benefits of Volo Pass, including unlimited pickups, unlimited drop-ins, unlimited tournaments, membership pricing, and more!
- Participate in fun staff culture events and activities! Volo hosts a variety of activities for its part time and full time staff throughout the year.
- Interest in sports and social activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works well in a team atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions under pressure
- Ability to lift and carry 30-50 pounds
- Possess a positive, solution-oriented mindset with the ability to communicate clearly
- Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends
- Proficient customer service skills
- High School Diploma /GED Equivalency
- A car or access to transportation
“WOW” Us With ...
- Passion for sports and social activities
- Outgoing and ready to handle anything presented
- Punctual and professional, but embraces a "work hard, play hard" attitude
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo partners with TeamWork Online, connecting people to sports jobs, careers, and internships for more than 30 years. Visit our page here to learn more.
Don't see a position that matches your background or interests? We're a growing company and always looking for top talent. Drop us your resume here and we'll contact you when there's a match!