Sports Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- Salary Range: $16 - $20 per hour
- Position Type: Full Time
- Department: Sports
More than 250,000 users coast to coast leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate, and play within their community through sports and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real--real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully to each other.
More Than a Job
- Annual company events such as Summit Retreat & Volo Games Field Day
- Healthcare and 401k benefits available
- Free sports leagues & events
Proof We Are Awesome
- Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Serving more than 9,000 kids in free youth programs
- Over 200,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
- 8 City Markets & Counting...
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
When you accept a position with Volo you’ll be joining a passionate, driven group of innovators within the social sports industry. We are looking for natural leaders with an all hands on deck, not afraid to roll up their sleeves, kind of attitude. In this role, you’ll become an expert in your assigned venues and sports for Volo's adult leagues. You will be responsible for tackling everything from operations to customer service.
If you’re ready to embark on a career that will impact your life and your community while having lots of fun in the process--keep scrolling!
Sport Product & Performance
- Maximize sales growth and achieves sales goal through B2C tactics including on field sales, calls, and emails
- Ensure growth & retention of players for your sport
- Generate future sales for your sport
- Assure quality, control, and strength of both youth and adult programs through site visits and serve as a site lead for programs whenever necessary
- Spearhead league audit & evaluation
- Develop relationships with current and future league venues
- Track the needs of each site including improvements
- Multiple Sports - This position will oversee 1-2 social sports. Cornhole, Bocce, Skeeball,
- Volo Baltimore Social Sports Include: Cornhole, Bocce, Skeeball, Pickleball. Darts, Shuffleboard; Additional sports include: Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Softball, Flag Football, Kickball, Social
Sports League Operations
- Sport team merging & scheduling
- Provide on-field support
- Handle player communication - sending all emails for assigned sport leagues
- Maintain equipment for assigned sports including ordering replacements, noting damages, and reporting to the market’s equipment lead
- Maintain fields as needed based on weather, location, and sport-specific requirements
- Set up & take down fields and gather up equipment
Local Sales & Marketing - All Products
- Digital outreach
- Email Campaigns
- Digital Sponsorship Activation
- Ensure all messaging aligns with key business strategies
- Plan, create and oversee the design, content, and production of swag and marketing materials
League and Volo Pass Membership Communication
- Responsible for weekly participant communications including general and sport specific messaging
- Support daily and weekly Volo staff communication regarding the execution of Volo Pass
- Support efforts to grow the leagues and local daily sports program user base
- Act a first line of communication for players of assigned sport
- Resolve any emerging problems that our customers might face with accuracy and efficiency
- Anticipate and provide proactive solutions to prevent problems from arising in the future
- Act as an escalation point for player, parent, partner, and volunteers
- Call & text sport captains during league registration time
- Support training in your market for assigned sport(s) to the part-time hosts as well as all internal referees
- Recruit, mentor, and ensure quality staff and product – includes reviewing sport-specific league audits
Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience
Ability to work nights and weekends
Can coordinate organizational tools and resources effectively and comfortably
Can navigate a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with minimal supervision
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active sporting environment
“WOW” Us With ...
- Experience in sport or event management and/or business development capacity
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills.
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo partners with TeamWork Online, connecting people to sports jobs, careers, and internships for more than 30 years. Visit our page here to learn more.
Don't see a position that matches your background or interests? We're a growing company and always looking for top talent. Drop us your resume here and we'll contact you when there's a match!