Sports Commissioner - Kickball (Part-Time)
- Salary Range: $25 per hour
- Position Type: Part Time
Founded and headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland in 2010, Volo is a community-based organization with more than 250,000 users across the US. Our users leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate, and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
More Than a Job
- Free sports leagues & free/discounted events
- Perks from our sponsors
- Networking and meeting new people
- Opportunity for growth in one of the nation’s fastest growing companies
Proof We Are Awesome
- Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Serving more than 19,000 kids in free youth programs
- Over 300,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
- 8 City Markets & Counting...
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us!
Commissioner responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Send weekly emails to league participants
- Update league scores in our user interface
- Promote events and upcoming leagues via social media and on-field selling
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Encourage and maintain a quality experience throughout the league
- Must be available at least 20 hrs per week from 5:30pm-10:30pm during the week and/or 1pm - 5pm on weekends for at least eight weeks
- Other league-day preparations, such as but not limited to:
- Field setup and supervision
- Supervise staff & refs
- Support staff training
- Manage staff substitution and step in as needed
- Welcome speeches
- Communicate bar specials to players & staff
- Expert in your sport and driven to create a top notch experience for your players
- Support training in your market for assigned sport(s) for hosts and referees
- Recruit, mentor, and ensure quality staff and product
- Execute fundraising activities with the support of league hosts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works well in a team atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions under pressure
- Ability to lift and carry 30-50 pounds
- Possess a positive, solution-oriented mindset with the ability to communicate clearly
- Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends
- Proficient customer service skills
- High School Diploma /GED Equivalency
“WOW” Us With ...
- Passion for sports and social activities
- Outgoing and ready to handle anything presented
- Punctual and professional, but embraces a "work hard, play hard" attitude
Ready to join our team? What are you waiting for?!
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo partners with TeamWork Online, connecting people to sports jobs, careers, and internships for more than 30 years. Visit our page here to learn more.
Don't see a position that matches your background or interests? We're a growing company and always looking for top talent. Drop us your resume here and we'll contact you when there's a match!