Development and Fundraising Intern, Volo Kids Foundation
- Position Type: Internship/Temporary
- Department: Kids
What is Volo and Volo Kids Foundation?
Volo Kids Foundation provides free organized sports programs to kids in Baltimore, Boston, Denver, New York, San Diego, San Francisco and Washington, DC. Our programs remove barriers to athletic participation such as gender, skill, and financial resources while bringing different communities together.
We recruit young professionals from Volo adult sports leagues to volunteer with our youth sports programs as coaches and positive role models who encourage the kids to become healthy, physically active and positively involved in our community.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo Kids Foundation could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
Proof We Are Awesome
- Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Serving more than 10,000 kids in free youth programs
- Over 300,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
- 8 City Markets & Counting…
Volo Kids Foundation has quickly expanded over the past eight years and in an effort to support continued growth, we are seeking an engaged and eager individual interested in learning more about the nonprofit sector with an interest in fundraising, marketing, and/or helping our community! This is a great opportunity for a goal-oriented, creative individual to learn more about the nonprofit sector and the following:
- Fundraising Campaigns
- Work with leadership to plan and develop important fundraising campaign strategies
- Support the creation and execution of (e.g. brainstorming, editing, locating photos, etc.) fundraising campaigns
- Analyze and report campaign results
- Donations & Data Entry
- Entering donor data/donations in database
- Researching prospective donors
- Tracking donations from other platforms
- Acknowledging donations (e.g. updating letter templates, printing, and mailing)
- Is present at onsite events
- Works with leadership in the planning and execution of events/signature events
- Helps develop the calendar of events
- Currently enrolled in college or recently graduated studying marketing, business management, nonprofit management , or any related field
- Pass background check (provided by Volo Kids Foundation)
- Proficient in Microsoft/Google Office
- Proficient in data entry and clerical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Takes initiative with a solution-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn; and has an outgoing personality.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or company policy. We strive to create a healthy and safe workplace and we prohibit harassment of any kind.
Volo partners with TeamWork Online, connecting people to sports jobs, careers, and internships for more than 30 years. Visit our page here to learn more.
Don't see a position that matches your background or interests? We're a growing company and always looking for top talent. Drop us your resume here and we'll contact you when there's a match!