- 119 Braintree St, Allston, MA 02134, USA
More than 250,000 users Coast to Coast leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
Proof We Are Awesome
Ranked Among Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies
Serving more than 9,000 kids in free youth programs
Over 200,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
8 City Markets & Counting...
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination.
We are looking for an all hands on deck, not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get in the weeds with their team kind of person -- not to mention someone who is...
- Entrepreneurial: Able to recognize and seize opportunities, and requires minimal supervision/direction
- Driven: Self-directed, and who takes initiative and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving; demonstrates a willingness to learn and improve whenever possible
- Strategic + Goal Oriented: Able to effectively manage and successfully execute strategy and tactics for multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Relationship Focused: Comfortable with all types of clients and decision makers; able to put the customer first in order to best solve their problems and meet their needs
- Execution Focused: Comfortable meeting and exceeding development deadlines and expectations without losing quality of code
Analyze current technologies, integrations, and implementations to help facilitate improvements, expansions, and updates to those services. Additionally, this role will help ensure the engineering team is on task, on schedule, and clear on objectives.
Our tech team is growing, rapidly. We’re looking for an individual who is hungry to learn our stack and start helping right away. You’ll be the center spoke of our wheel.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Analyze current Services, Integrations, APIs and help expand and improve them
- Analyze potential Services, Integrations, APIs and help write code to help faster integrations
- Help spec out future builds
- Help keep a pulse on existing build timelines and tasks
- Establish goals and metrics for dev team
- Work closely with developers and assist when necessary
- Work closely with Director of Technology for new build specs and company presentations
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in a DevOps role
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Proficiency and/or desire and ability to learn the following quickly is required:
- Experience with AWS, React Native, Elixir, Heroku, CircleCI, Postgres is a plus
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic personality interested in working in, and contributing to, a fun and active office environment
- BA or BS degree; 1-3 years of professional experience preferred
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.