Baltimore Referee - Field Hockey
- 1215 E Fort Ave, Baltimore, MD 21230, USA
Founded and headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland in 2010, Volo is a community based organization with more than 250,000 users across the US. Our users leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully with each other. We are a grassroots uprising, helping others actually see who they’re connecting with, and share experiences over the length of a season.
Proof We Are Awesome
- Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
- Serving more than 9,000 kids in free youth programs
- Over 200,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
- 8 City Markets & Counting...
Referees are responsible for understanding and enforcing rules and safety guidelines in a friendly, competitive environment. This is a part-time, contract (1099) role, great for anyone who likes being outside, enjoys sports, and is looking for supplemental income.
- Ensure a safe, fun, social and fair environment for all players
- Understand and kindly and fairly enforce each sport’s rules
- Communicate with the office regarding any equipment, rule issues, player issues, etc.
- Must have played the sport before
- Must be available for a minimum of eight weeks, as follows:
- Weekday availability from 5:45pm-10:30pm
- Weekend availability between 9am - 7pm
- Must have reliable transportation to and from field locations
- Must be able to pass Volo referee certification test
What We Look For:
- People with a passion for sports and social activities
- Must value punctuality and professionalism
- Prior referee experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in diffusing challenging situations a plus