- 1215 E Fort Ave, Baltimore, MD 21230, USA
Founded and headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland in 2010, Volo is a community based organization with more than 250,000 users across the US. Our users leverage Volo to organize, meet, communicate and play within their community through fitness and social activities. Whether it's a performance sport like soccer, or a social activity like cornhole, Volo provides something real. Real interaction, real activity, real fun, and real impact.
Volo is a movement—for people and by people who want to connect more meaningfully to each other.
More Than a Job
Annual company events such as Summit Retreat & Volo Games Field Day
Healthcare and 401k benefits available
Free sports leagues & events
Proof We Are Awesome
Ranked Among Inc-5000 Fastest Growing Companies
Serving more than 9,000 kids in free youth programs
Over 200,000 Adult Participants Nationwide
8 City Markets & Counting...
If you have a desire to make a difference through community and sports, Volo could be your next and final career destination. Come fly with us.
When you accept a position with Volo, you’ll be joining a passionate, driven group of innovators within the social sports industry. We are looking for natural leaders with an all hands on deck, not afraid to roll up their sleeves, kind of attitude. In this role, you’ll strategically drive and measure the organization's financial performance.
The controller will manage Volo's accounting function, including overseeing accounting records and taking responsibility for managing the audit process, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, compliance, and the production of financial reports.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks
- Perform regular financial analysis
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company
- Prepare detailed reports on the company’s financial performance - including revenue, AP & AR, and other monthly reports
- Analyze and ensure accuracy of financial information
- Monitor internal controls
- Oversee and prepare income statements
- Develop plans for financial growth
- Evaluate and manage risk
- Coordinate audit processes
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments
- Manage expenditures and cash flow
- Manage financial & accounting platforms
- Manage and improve information dashboards
- Streamline accounting functions and operations
- Process & Monitor AP / AR
- Manage stripe payment processing system
- Process payroll & reporting for part-time and full-time employees and outside contractors
- Assume responsibility for compliance with financial guidelines as well as city/state/federal legal & business regulations
- Coordinate audit processes
- Oversee compliance with company insurance policies
- Manage Workers Compensation & Unemployment compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA a plus but not a must)
- Progressive experience in budgeting, financial systems, and financial reporting
- Experience in financial management
- A passion for leveraging systems and driving process improvements
Volo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.