Data scientist - Product Discovery
- Böttgerstraße 16, 13357 Berlin, Germany
The Voith Innovation Lab is a joint venture between Voith – a technology leader in industrial markets and BCG Digital Ventures. We employ a user-centric approach to invent, launch and scale innovative ventures that build on the assets and domain know-how of the Voith organization. Being a technology leader, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. The Voith Innovation Lab rethinks Voith product and services portfolio to take a new perspective on these markets.
As a Data scientist focused on product discovery, you will bring broad expertise in Data Science & Data Engineering and join a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of talented product, business, and design peers defining new products all the way from customer research up to prototype development.
The role will be varied: it could be offering your technical knowledge in order to shape product strategy for a new product idea, or implementing data analysis in order to provide user insights for one of our products. Some example projects you could find yourself working on are: support with quantitative analysis to validate a new product idea; building an ETL pipeline for powering the reporting platform of a new product; using artificial intelligence algorithms to build or validate feasibility of a recommendation system.
- Quantitative analysis of raw data to validate, inspire, and design new product ideas
- Evaluate digital 3rd party products and services regarding data models and data architecture maturity
- Apply knowledge of modern software architecture (e.g. Cloud Native, Microservices) to define & evaluate data architecture of solutions, including how the current company assets and 3rd party services can be leveraged to accelerate time to market and reduce risk
- Propose team structure, profiles, and estimate development costs for new products and services
- Be a guardian of data architecture & data science trends including its applicability to generate new product concepts
- 4+ years of hands on professional software engineering. Especially in data products. Programming experience in Python.
- Solid understanding of software architecture principles, and solid background in data science and analytics applications; experience in industrial IoT is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of cloud data services, especially how they can be leveraged to accelerate time to market (e.g. TensorFlow, AWS EMR)
- Practical knowledge of data analytics services such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Tableau etc.
- Ability to adapt to strongly domain specific problem spaces and assess existing product architectures for fitness to new product ideas while managing stakeholders
- Strong communication skills to convey clearly complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Hard product architecture problems to be solved with state-of-art technology available in industrial product contexts
- International and interdisciplinary innovation team
- Opportunity to gain deep experience in product discovery
- Very competitive salary package
- Modern office in the vibrant heart of Berlin
- Relocation assistance for internationals and free German language courses