Marketing & Events Specialist
- 3800 Maple Ave, Dallas, TX 75219, USA
If you want to know what's happening in Dallas, keep your eye on the Observer. Over the past thirty years, the Dallas Observer has grown from a small weekly to a major force in this city, where the paper is known for its hard-edged investigative stories about government, politics and business, as well as its pointed, provocative coverage of sports, music and the arts.
In recent years, the Observer has collected numerous journalism awards, including the Missouri Lifestyle Journalism Award for general excellence, which lauded the paper for the compelling package it puts out each week. And Dallas readers agree: Every Thursday, 50,000 copies land on newsstands around the city--and disappear within hours.
Dallas Observer is seeking a Marketing & Events Sepcialist to manage, coordinate and develop all marketing platforms and strategies. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and creative, with a strong background in event planning, execution, and sponsorship sales. Must possess strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creating, managing and executing events according to timelines and budgets
- Oversee marketing budget; including contract salaries, marketing promotions, and event P&Ls
- Management of print and online house space budget
- Management of developing creative fill ads to market all facets of the publication including: events, blogs, online, promotions, etc
- Digital and print advertisement selling via prospecting and networking daily to reach a per publication/weekly goal
- Sponsorship selling via prospecting and networking daily to reach a per event goal
- Managing the company’s presence in the marketplace with sponsorships of key events & promotional campaigns
- Management of media trade with radio, TV, print, and online
- Writes and sends all publication press releases to key media
- Oversees Social Networking efforts and goals for the department as well as communicates with the Web Editor to ensure messaging remains consistent
- Oversees internal event logistics by working on and delegating projects to the team
- Directly manages employees
- Brainstorms and launches new promotions to better the company to drive traffic online and to partner/internal events
- Writes copy and initiates art needs for any media kit needs regarding marketing events and special issues.
- Assists Advertising reps in selling advertising by attending client meetings and events with them throughout the week.
- BA degree in Marketing/Communication or similar field
- 2 years related experience in marketing and public relations
- Social Networking, management and event planning background a plus
- Media buying experience a plus
Dallas Observer Offers:
- Great work environment with the ability to work with fun, exciting and unique business owners.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances
- 401(K) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Sick time
- Additional optional benefits include: Legal Plan Services, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home Insurance
NO RELOCATION OFFERED.
Candidate must be eligible to work in this country for any employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.