Senior Production Designer at the Dallas Observer
- 3800 Maple Ave, Dallas, TX 75219, USA
VOICE Media Group, the company behind Dallas Observer, Phoenix New Times, Denver Westword and several other media outlets, is an American privately held media company focused on the creation of original news and entertainment content across print, mobile and web properties for the culturally aware consumer.
Dallas Observer is seeking an experienced, dynamic and creative individual to join our team as the Senior Designer.
This person will work closely with multiple departments to create high-quality print and web materials. This is a fast-paced, deadline driven environment where speed and accuracy is a must.
This individual must be creative and advanced in skills as well as employ a diverse range of bold design styles and techniques, allowing their unique creative voice to shine through in all forms of design (web, print, email).
Responsibilities include creating the newspaper pagination every week, working on page layouts and designing and maintaining quality standards for ads. Ideal candidate must be able to deal with all levels of staff and management in a professional and timely manner. Candidate must possess strong communication skills. A general exposure and understanding of marketing is a plus.
– Individual must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat. Must have pre-press skills or experience.
– Also desired — newspaper experience, knowledge of Page Director ALS or other pagination software experience. Company is a digital environment, working knowledge of PDF and standard print practices is essential. You must be able to work quickly & calmly under pressure. The ability to create great work with little to no direction is a plus.
– Evening hours with late-night weekly press-checks will be required.
- Assists in quality control by proofing final artwork before submission.
- Understand best practices and apply them across all formats (web and
- Designer must be open to criticism and the right graphic designer
will be able to step right in from day one and produce high-quality
results and meet tight deadlines.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance and 401(k)
Paid time off your first year and 2 weeks of vacation after only 4 years!
Additional optional benefits such as Legal Plan Services and Auto/Home Insurance
If you believe that you possess the qualifications listed above and wish to work for a dynamic company, please submit your resume and portfolio samples with salary requirements.
No Calls or Walk-Ins.
Resumes without portfolio samples or links will be deleted.