Multi-Media Account Executive
- Dallas, TX
If you want to know what's happening in Dallas, keep your eye on the Observer. Over the past thirty years, the Dallas Observer has grown from a small weekly to a major force in this city, where the paper is known for its hard-edged investigative stories about government, politics and business, as well as its pointed, provocative coverage of sports, music and the arts.
In recent years, the Observer has collected numerous journalism awards, including the Missouri Lifestyle Journalism Award for general excellence, which lauded the paper for the compelling package it puts out each week. And Dallas readers agree: Every Wednesday, 50,000 copies land on newsstands around the city--and disappear within hours.
The right candidate will be responsible for selling multi-platform advertising solutions including Digital Advertising (desktop/mobile banners, emails, SEO/online solutions, reskins), Print advertising, Event Sponsorships, and annual glossy publications to an eclectic and exciting group of clients.
We are looking for connected, social-media savvy, high-energy, hyper-productive individuals who devour advertising media and want to be part of a dynamic sales team. Multi Media Account Executives will be responsible for prospecting leads, making calls and going on appointments to bring in new business.
Job Requirements :
- Outside and/or inside sales experience, preferably in an advertising sales/business development and/or online media environment.
- Making minimum of 100-150 outbound sales calls and securing and completing a minimum of 10-15 outside appointments per week.
- Experience with CRM tools
- Maintain a solid understanding of the online marketing/advertising industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to sell with a consultative approach and an "ask for their business" mindset.
- Strong skill set with developing and building business relationships.
- Experience selling to high-level decision makers and influencers.
- History of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Dependable Transportation, Valid Drivers License and Insurance
Dallas Observer Offers:
- Great work environment with the ability to work with fun, exciting and unique business owners.
- Unlimited Earning Potential
- Base Salary + Commission + Bonus
- Gas Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances
- 401(K) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Sick time
- Additional optional benefits include: Legal Plan Services, Pet Insurance and Auto/Home Insurance